Being a first-time homeowner is a lot like being in a new relationship in that every little thing is novel and exciting and fun.
- We learned that Thursday is trash day in our neighborhood so Mark took the trash out last week and came inside with a big grin, exclaiming, I just took the trash out at my very own house! Yay garbage! (Okay, he didn’t say yay)
- We ripped out the crappy fireplace insert and I gave our fireplace and mantle a fresh coat of white paint last weekend (and simultaneously painted my hair? I am not a neat painter). Yay paint!
- We did trimmed our front trees on Saturday morning, me frolicking around our front yard in my pajamas, lopping shears in hand. Yay yard work!
- We changed out the hardware on the vanities in two of the bathrooms because the black clashed with the stainless fixtures and it bothered us. (Also, it cost like $10, so why not?!) Yay hardware!
- Every time we pull into the driveway, we look at each other with huge grins on our faces and simultaneously say, I love our house!
(I know I won’t be all YAY when we have to spend $10k on a roof or something equally boring, but I’m a house newlywed and want to proclaim my love from the rooftops!)
12 Notes/ Hide
- xoxb likes this
- annasday likes this
- colormecozy likes this
- colormecozy said: I love this! YAY!!!!!!!!! and that fireplace, TO DIE FOR! ah, can’t wait to see how you decorate it!
- definitelyjennifer likes this
- betterthanihopedfor likes this
- nomadsoul likes this
- allisonfoley likes this
- dailybaxter likes this
- meredithisaleo likes this
- 92wordsaday likes this
- babytakesmanhattan likes this
- remarkablelulu posted this