DISCLAIMER: The crap in the rooms above is NOT MINE! Yikes.
Before Pinterest became all the rage, I posted home inspiration photos at Lulu Loves: Home, saved for my yet-to-be purchased first home. Well, the house has been procured so now it’s time to start acting on these 37 pages of inspiration!
Rather than wax poetic on this blog about how much I LOVE MY MANTLE OMG, I’m going to use my home blog to post decorating updates, the ups and downs of DIY and inspiration from around the web.
Check out my first post below - the kinda frumpy version of my living room, before the She’s All That transformation. And feel free to follow along!
Living Room: Before
When we fell in love with our house during our first tour, my blessed living room looked like the above. Not well-styled and seemingly thrown together for comfort purposes only but we could see the incredible potential.
- The wallpaper is in fantastic condition and I’ve long been obsessed with golden walls so we knew this would stay.
- The white molding, fireplace and mantle were gorgeous and with a fresh coat of paint would brighten up the room.
- The architectural arches of the fireplace were a definite show-off point that the owners had kept hidden by that awful black rectangular cover.
- The carpet looks practically new (and because I’m pretty sure hardwood floors are expensive?) it’s going to stay for at least the medium term.
- The room also boasts a gigantic nearly floor-to-ceiling window that overlooks the backyard that these
craziessuper nice people had blocked by a couch, console table and poo brown drapes.
But the winds are a changin’…
We may not have any After photos to post for a while (okay, who am I kidding, hopefully I’ll be done with this room, budget-willing, like, THIS WEEK) but there are plenty of During’s to share!