I finished my first book of 2013 last night (Heft, in case you were wondering and yes, I am always a year late to the book party) and I’m ready to download the next.
For whatever reason, I managed to slip by the Bronte sisters and Jane Austen and Dickens in school and I nearly failed my Shakespeare test in AP English (I despised Macbeth!).
I plan to reread Catcher in the Rye and The Bell Jar, the most memorable high school reads I can remember, but need more classics in my life.
What are your favorites?
Wuthering Heights? Pride & Prejudice? The Count of Monte Cristo? The Great Gatsby?
4 Notes/ Hide
- xoxb said:I read A Farewell to Arms by Hemmingway in Gr 11 and loved it :)
- theengineerswife said:I really liked Tess of the D’Urbervilles when I read it (about 12 years ago). And I just read Brave New World, and loved it. Don’t know if it counts as a classic.
- besttoeastcoast said:great gatsby!
- whiskeybentandhellbound likes this
- remarkablelulu posted this